Globalstar Service Advisory
Please note that Globalstar is currently upgrading their satellite constellation which has resulted in drastically reduced service levels. During this period, Globalstar satellite phones will have difficulty connecting and will experience significant delays without being able to obtain a signal and a higher occurrence of dropped calls. If your communication needs require that your satellite phone be able to have continuous coverage, Iridium Satellite service is highly recommended. These Globalstar conditions should slightly improve with the launch of new satellites in Fall 2009 and upgrades are expected to be completed by Summer 2010.
The QUALCOMM Globalstar GSP-1600 Portable Tri-Mode Satellite Phone meets the needs of cellular users who may be in areas where cellular coverage is either unavailable or inaccessible.
New Phones include:
Demo Phones include:
Used Phones include:
Some files require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not already have it, download it here. Should link to the adobe reader site.
The QUALCOMM Globalstar GSP-1600 Portable Tri-Mode Satellite Phone meets the needs of cellular users who may be in areas where cellular coverage is either unavailable or inaccessible. The phone easily switches from terrestrial cellular telephony to satellite telephony as required. A caller has three choices on how to make a call:
- A digital call (CDMA (IS-95))
- An analog call (AMPS (IS-41) cellular systems
- A Globalstar Communications system call (when digital and analog are not available)
This gives the caller greater flexibility and a way of keeping charges low. The caller only pays for Globalstar service when he needs it.
- Compatibility with existing AMPS (IS-41) and CDMA (IS-95) cellular networks
- Globalstar mode when you're not within cellular coverage areas
- Superior digital voice quality in both Globalstar and cellular CDMA modes
- Secure and reliable Globalstar satellite data services
- Reliable service virtually anywhere in the world
- Short Message Service (SMS)*
- Caller ID
- Voice Mail Service (VMS)
- Position Location*
- Data Transmission (Packet)†
- Digital Facsimile†
† Consult your local Globalstar service provider for data and SMS coverage and commercial availability at the Gateways in your area. A computer or PDA is required to utilize data services. These advanced services may vary depending on deployment dates with the service provider you select. Service provider activation required.
* These advanced services apply to the GSP-1600 Portable Tri-Mode Satellite Phone only and may vary depending on the service provider you select. Service provider activation required.
*New phones include a 1 year manufacturer warranty on parts and labor against manufacturer defect. A per phone activation fee of $50.00 will apply to all orders.